2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,100 pounds when equipped with the proper engine and drivetrain. This high towing capacity makes it a must-drive for Paducah who are searching for a light-duty pickup that’s as capable as it is versatile. When you need superb towing and hauling capabilities, the new GMC Sierra doesn’t disappoint. Read on to learn more about the GMC Sierra’s towing capacity and cutting-edge towing features!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
What do you need to achieve the GMC Sierra’s highest towing capacity? You’ll need the Double Cab body style with the 6.2L V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package to tow up to 12,100 pounds. Beyond that configuration, the GMC Sierra offers the following options:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Lengths: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Styles: Crew Cab or Double Cab
If you go opt the Crew Cab, you can tow 6,500 to 12,100 pounds. With the Double Cab GMC Sierra 1500, which has a smaller cabin, you can tow 6,600 to 12,200 pounds.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
The GMC Sierra towing capacity is largely due to the power of its engines, but also its state-of-the-art towing features, which include:
- Max Trailering Package: This package will help you achieve the Sierra’s maximum 12,100-pound towing capacity. It upgrades your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, updated shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: The center console is home to control buttons that make it easier for drivers to configure the trailer brakes.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: The Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you’re using Hitch View, so you put your truck in Park without it rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package installs two side-view mirror cameras to give you an edge when you’re changing lanes and reversing your GMC Sierra. You can also combine this package with a trailer-mounted camera to expand your view.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system configures the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on the drive mode you’re using at the time.
GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
The optional ProGrade Trailering System streamlines towing around Murray, thanks to integrated high-resolution cameras, a multi-functional infotainment system, and exclusive apps.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature helps you hitch your trailer correctly the first time with a dynamic grid line and a zoom function.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: You can test your trailer lights yourself before you being your journey with a trailer light sequence test.
- In-Vehicle Trailering App & Phone App: These apps include pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Get Behind the Wheel at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
Want to learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity? Contact us with any questions about GMC trucks and SUVs. Check out our current new vehicle specials for opportunities to save on a new GMC, then apply for financing online via our secure online application. Our team is standing by to assist you along the way!
More from Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
Compact crossover SUVs are all over the Benton market right now, but the 2021 Chevrolet Equinox truly stands out among them. You’ve got plenty of options to customize and upgrade this vehicle as you see fit, with four different 2021 Chevy Equinox trim levels. Country Chevrolet Buick GMC covers the specs and features on these 2021 Chevy…