2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
So, how much can the GMC Sierra tow? When properly equipped the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches 11,800 pounds with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package. This light-duty pickup is an ideal option for Paducah drivers who need superior capabilities on the job. Learn more about what’s needed to reach that GMC Sierra towing capacity and explore Sierra towing features before you get behind the wheel at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC near Murray!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
How much can the GMC Sierra tow around Mayfield? The Sierra 1500 can tow up to 11,800 pounds! This pickup has a wide variety of styles, features, and sizes that all affect its towing capability:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
If you’re in need of even more power, check out the 2021 GMC Sierra HD.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This package allows your Sierra to reach the 11,800-pound max towing capacity. It equips your pickup with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling on hills around Cadiz.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you’re towing a trailer. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for increased visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re operating in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons located on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
With the available ProGrade Trailering System, you’ll gain access to innovative towing technology that utilizes high-resolution cameras, the infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Benton a breeze.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first attempt.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re alone, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and beyond.
Find Your Sierra at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
So, how much can the GMC Sierra tow? Quite a bit! If you’re ready to see this pickup in person, contact us today to set up a test drive. You can even compare the Sierra vs. Silverado to see how this GMC pickup stacks up against the competition.
Learn More at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
If you were a fan of the iconic GMC design and performance of last year’s 2020 GMC Yukon, then you’ll be blown away by the 2021 GMC Yukon towing capacity and features! The GMC Yukon towing capacity offers Paducah drivers a trailering capability of up to 7,900 pounds. Despite this being slightly less than the…
Interested in enhancing your Paducah hauls with a Chevy Silverado model? Curious as to what the bed size of a Chevy Silverado is? There are different truck bed sizes available depending on which Chevrolet Silverado configuration you choose. Explore the Silverado bed size dimensions to find the one that is best for your Paducah…
If you’re thinking about purchasing a used or new GMC SUV or truck as your next Calvert City vehicle, then you’ll want to take advantage of the GMC Denali trim that is available on a wide range of our vehicles. What sets this unique trim level apart from the rest is that GMC Denali models…