2021 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity
If you were a fan of the iconic GMC design and performance of last year’s 2020 GMC Yukon, then you’ll be blown away by the 2021 GMC Yukon towing capacity and features! The GMC Yukon towing capacity offers Paducah drivers a trailering capability of up to 7,900 pounds. Despite this being slightly less than the trailering capabilities offered on last year’s model, this marginal difference is more than made up for thanks to the towing features and safety technology offered on the 2021 model. Find out more about how you can upgrade your Murray hauls with the 2021 GMC Yukon below!
How Much Can the GMC Yukon Tow?
Mayfield drivers will find a mighty 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine beneath the hood of the base trim Yukon SLE. Not only does this standard engine offer 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, but the EcoTec3 engine also delivers the power necessary to tow up to 7,900 pounds. GMC towing specs are bolstered by the standard Yukon trailering hitch featuring a seven-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits paired with a seven-way connect and a 2-inch trailering receiver on the 2021 model. Not to mention the Heavy-Duty Trailering package upgrade that provides Cadiz drivers the following features:
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,910 pounds
- Yukon Maximum Towing: 7,900 pounds maximum
- Yukon XL Maximum Towing: 7,800 pounds
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension with Rear Air Leveler
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
GMC Yukon Towing Safety Features
The 2021 GMC Yukon towing capacity can always be consistently and carefully reached on all of your Calvert City towing jobs thanks to the cutting edge safety and trailering technology offered for this year’s model. Some of the features designed to improve the quality of your hauls include:
- Trailer Sway Control works to keep everyone in the cabin safe by making sure your new Yukon and trailer are headed in the same direction.
- StabiliTrak can apply the brakes to not only stop wheel slip but can actually alter the trajectory of the vehicle.
- Hill Start Assist gives you time to switch from the brake to the accelerator by holding the trailer brakes for you. This can be incredibly handy when trailering your Yukon on a steep incline or under similar conditions.
- Trailer Brake Control allows you to activate your trailer’s braking system with controls comfortably located behind the steering wheel.
Learn More About GMC Yukon Towing Capacity at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
Interested in testing out the 2021 GMC Yukon’s trailering technology for yourself? Then contact us online to learn more about the Yukon’s towing specs,financing options for your available budget, and our current new vehicle specials. Here at Country Chevrolet Buick GMC, we’re eager to help you get behind the wheel of your preferred Yukon trim level as quickly and easily as possible!
More from Country Chevrolet Buick GMC
Looking for an affordable SUV that has a spacious and versatile cabin? Then it sounds like you’re looking for the 2022 Chevy Blazer. The Chevrolet Blazer interior has plenty of room for you and your passengers, with ample space for cargo. You can also expect to find impressive amenities no matter which trim level…
Wondering how much can the brand-new 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD tow? The Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,300 pounds when properly outfitted. Experience unprecedented hauling power thanks to the high-strength steel frame and impressive suite of towing features available on this year’s model. Find out more about Chevrolet’s newest light-duty…
Benton drovers love GMC vehicles because they offer features and performance power that you can’t find anywhere else. The new 2022 GMC Sierra HD truck lives up to this reputation and delivers a truly heavy-duty experience. The 2022 Sierra 2500 towing capacity is phenomenal, the performance power is off the charts, and the technology…