2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,000 pounds when properly outfitted. This light-duty pickup truck comes with an optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, a Max Trailering Package, and 20-inch wheels. If you’re looking for a light-duty pickup truck with phenomenal Sierra towing capabilities, you won’t find a better model than the Sierra 1500. Learn more about the GMC Sierra’s towing capacity and features, then visit us at Country Chevrolet GMC for a test drive!
How Can the GMC Sierra Towing Capacity Be So High?
The GMC Sierra is capable of towing 13,000 pounds of cargo around Paducah thanks to a variety of available upgrades. The 6.2L V8 engine, Short or Standard Bed, 4WD Crew Cab, and Max Trailering Package are all customizable options, accessible at Country Chevrolet GMC. Take a look at the specs you can choose between to get the most out of your GMC Sierra 1500’s towing capacity:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for this Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 lbs)
Additional GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Features
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 13,000-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
Experience the GMC Sierra 1500’s Towing Capabilities In Person!
If you’re ready to upgrade your Benton hauls with the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity, then reach out to us online to schedule a test drive! This new vehicle delivers the robust power you need and Country Chevrolet GMC offers the cost-effective new vehicle specials you want. Just be sure to get pre-approved for financing before you visit our dealership to save yourself time during the car-buying process!
More from Country Chevrolet GMC
If you’re in search of a new SUV that offers more features and capabilities for your Paducah drives, then you can find great choices all in one place with the new lineup of 2023 Chevy Tahoe trims. There’s plenty of unique options like the Chevy Tahoe RST or the rugged Chevy Tahoe Z71, as…
Shopping around Paducah for a brand new Chevy vehicle? Then you’ll fall absolutely head over heels in love with the newest Chevrolet Suburban. This all new Chevy SUV offers a spacious cargo compartment, cutting-edge performance features, and impressive hauling capabilities. But how much can the 2023 Chevy Suburban tow exactly? The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban…
The 2023 Chevy Bolt EV is a marvel of modern technology, with its sleek, aerodynamic design and electric powertrain. The Bolt is truly a car of the 21st century, a vehicle that embodies the spirit of innovation and progress. The range of a Chevy Bolt EV is an impressive 259 miles on a single charge,…